Job Category: Senior Electrical Engineer - RF
Job Id: S387
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design Work:
You’ll design and troubleshoot RF front end systems, ADC/DAC architectures, electrical block diagrams, schematics and PCBs. You’ll get your hands dirty and own your designs from start to finish, involving other team members as appropriate to ensure that our designs are successful. You’ll review the work of other engineers on a regular basis.
You’ll work with more junior staff members, developing their technical skills and helping them advance in their careers. This requires effective delegation, where you allow them to own their work but you stay closely involved to ensure that they are successful.
- Sales Support:
You’ll work closely with our account managers and project managers to bid and scope projects with our customers, occasionally visiting customer sites to discuss our capabilities.
Whether it’s training, developing and refining our processes, managing portions of our Quality Management System, or tracking your time, you’ll also have to deal with a lot of the extraneous responsibilities of a senior staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Extensive RF experience including most or all of the following:
- RF Front-End and Filter Design Experience (1GHz to 40GHz preferred)
- IF Up/Downconverter designs
- Clock Synthesis and architectures
- RF Link Budget design
- High-speed ADC/DAC design
- EMI/EMC and Signal Integrity analysis
- Mentor Graphics Xpedition experience including Schematic Capture, PCB Layout, and PCB Footprint creation
- Development of specifications and derived requirements from customer or end-user inputs
- Demonstrable history of successful mentorship of other engineers
- Extensive experience with test protocols and strategies to accomplish traceable conformance with customer requirements, with an emphasis on automation
- Extensive experience with RF test equipment (VNA, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators)
- Experience with regulatory and standard requirements such as: CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs, IEC standards, DO-160, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
Desired Skills –
- Strong familiarity with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) techniques
- Strong familiarity with RF circuit analysis and simulation such as ADS, Genesys, or Microwave Office
- Demonstrable experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
- History of successful delivery of products in a leadership role in regulated environments
- Experience with large project proposals and staffing estimations
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum development practices
- Experience with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100
Salary Range: $110-130k/yr
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.