Job Category: Senior Systems Engineer (Aerospace)
Job Id: 4871332
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Systems Engineering Leadership role:
- Technical leader on a variety of project sizes and complexities.
- Works with the project leads in a variety of disciplines to direct their high level activities.
- Comfortable working at various levels on a project team, and across multiple disciplines.
- Work with the project team to communicate requirements, risks, and cross functional issues.
- Interact with customer to communicate technical aspects of the project.
- Identify system product risks and mitigations.
- Work with the project team to optimize the design of the system.
- Coordinate and/or lead integration and verification efforts.
- Manage the configuration management process.
- Interface with project manager to provide technical status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Organize design reviews and providing the systems engineering content therein.
- Identify scope creep and inform the project manager.
- May assist temporarily with some project management duties if the project manager is unavailable (sick leave, vacation, etc.).
- Assists in the sales process for quoting and estimating future projects.
Systems Engineering Modeling and Documentation role:
- Concept of Operations
- Requirements solicitation and analysis
- Use Cases
- Behavior Diagrams
- Trade Studies
- System Architecture
- Interface Control Documents
- Risk Analysis
- Verification Plans
- Systems engineering documentation and modeling may be done with both basic documentation tools (Visio, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.) or Models Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Software (e.g. Innoslate, Cradle).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university in an Engineering or Technical Management field, 9+ years of engineering/product development experience, including 3 years of demonstrated proficiency and leadership in systems engineering.
- Good working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, including Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineering highly desired.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Systems engineering and product development experience (or strong product development knowledge) as well as experience working on satellite technology and subsystems.
- Experience with Systems Engineering SW tools - MBSE, Requirements databases.
- Experience with DO-278 or DO-178 Certifications
- Experience with Aerospace Systems Safety
Salary Range: $90,000 to $130,000