Utah, Salt Lake City
Job Category: Mechanical Drafter
Job Id: 2260
Location: On-site in Salt Lake City, UT
Schedule: 9/80, full-time
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Catch up on a backlog of drawings in SOLIDWORKS’20 for drawings, a real big plus if experienced with 3DVia Composer. SOLIDWORKS PDM is the vault.
- The initial focus would be on instrument/part drawings. Could turn into automation equipment/consumable, wiring diagram
- 400 parts, handful of wire harnesses, varying range of complexity of parts 3D assemblies as well which are non-trivial
- 3-5 years of Drafting or Mechanical Design experience
- Associate's and/or Bachelor's Degree in Drafting or Mechanical Engineering
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience in SOLIDWORKS'20 for drawings - REQUIRED
- Experience in 3DVia Composer is a big plus
- Medical device/design controls experience preferred - or other highly regulated industry
- Experience in instrumentation design desired, but not required