Job Category: Medical Device Software Test Automation Engineer - HYBRID
Job Id: 2222
Salary Range: $100,000 - $125,000
Location: Hybrid, Louisville, CO
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop test automation scripts in Cypress.io
- Evaluate test automation scripts to ensure complete and accurate
- Conduct code reviews using Bitbucket pull requests
- Support test execution and debugging of scripts during the test cycle
- Assist in custom software tool development in MATLAB and Python
- Participate in cross-functional reviews of test approaches
- Write verification and validation reports
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to software development and test processes
- Assists in script traceability to product requirements
- Mentor other Test Engineers in automation testing
- Work closely with Software developers and Test Engineers to ensure full test coverage
- Contribute to test automation process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years in Automation Testing
- Experience in Medical Device industry
- Experience with Product Development
- Working knowledge of software design, development, debug, and test practices.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with test automation including GUI, integration using REST API, reliability and designing and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Software development or testing experience in the medical industry or other regulated industry.
- Strong knowledge of modern, iterative software design processes and development practices including agile and test-driven development.
- Unix/Linux experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: Cypress, Mocha, Chai, React testing experience, Rabbit MQ
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.