California, Los Angeles
Job Category: Functional Safety Engineer
Job Id: 2205
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM, and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. -
- Definition, description, and maintenance of ISO 26262 compliant processes
- Ensuring safety compliance in Project Management, Product Development, Production and Operation (safety elements) and Support Processes
- Define, document, and maintain reference criteria for internal audits and assessments (confirmation measures) as well as defining improvements from these assessments
- Identification and reporting of Safety deviations according to escalation procedure
- Driving Improvement activities with respect to Functional Safety and supports standardization in Business Unit.
- Communication to ensure compliance and alignment of Functional Safety topics with customers, suppliers, standardization boards, and ISO 26262 auditors and assessors.
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor of Engineering
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Functional Safety Certification
- Advanced knowledge of ISO-26262 standard
Salary Range: $130,000-160,000