Job Category: Seat Complete Engineer
Job Id: 2126
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.Your Role:
- Be a significant contributor to a world-class seating systems engineering team
- Contribute to creation of industry-leading seating systems, with groundbreaking safety, comfort, craftsmanship, ergonomics, and functionality
- Ensure successful packaging, integration, and release of selected advanced seat technologies into the design environment to meet all performance and reliability targets
- Work interactively within a cross-functional marketing, design, and vehicle engineering team, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Collaborate with seating suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery of Lucid seating systems
- Assist in developing performance specifications and tests for seat attributes, including strength, appearance, durability, and NVH
- Employ and develop effective tools and an innovative approach to supporting the development.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience as a technical engineer leading seating development projects
- Proven knowledge of complete vehicle seating systems and/or structures with demonstrable track record of technical excellence an program execution
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations, FMVSS, ECE & ADR.
- Understanding of automotive seating industry benchmark, trends, and supplier competencies
- Hands on experience developing Seating Systems DVP&Rs & DFMEAs
- Experience establishing/improving technical product specifications and timelines to achieve an accelerated development cycle towards SOP
- Experienced in using CAD to create 2D/3D concept drawings, seating components, packaging layouts, and DFM studies
- The ideal candidate would be someone who has experience working in a cross functional team involving multiple vehicle systems
- Experience with form trim plastics and materials including injection molding, tooling etc, highly preferred
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- A solid knowledge of structural performance, ergonomics, comfort, safety standards, and restraint systems
- A solid knowledge of seat structural performance, seat mechanisms, ergonomics, comfort, safety standards, and restraint systems
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Design experience operating with CATIA V6 3D
- A full program cycle experiences from concept to production launch in automotive seating
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) to communicate effectively with the different vehicle systems
- Bachelor's degree in Science in a relevant engineering discipline
- Master of Science in relevant discipline is preferred