Job Category: HIL Engineer (Automotive)
Job Id: 2090
Work Location: Raymond, Ohio, United States
Workplace type: Onsite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- 3+ years of experience in HIL, Bench testing and Dspace.
- Working in cooperation with others, the candidate is expected to perform the following job role and responsibilities. The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills coupled with the willingness to pro-actively seek out information from others, create documentation, and maintain schedules for vehicle development projects.
- Responsibilities will include supporting the creation of hardware and software configurations necessary to exercise integrated vehicle systems, including powertrain, in a test bench environment. Role will include all phases of bench verification, from ordering parts and planning activity through assembling and configuring the bench. An ability to use industry standard tools to monitor and debug automotive systems is required.
- FMEA concepts [Failure Mode and effect Analysis].
- CAN[Controller Area Network] Protocols.
- ECU related experience.
- Vehicle Transmission Control system knowledge.
- Basic Automotive[Transmission and Powertrain related] Troubleshooting.
- Basic concepts of automotive transmission standards.
Basic Tools and reporting:
- CANalyzer, Matlab, CANoe.
- Microsoft Office for Reporting and presentation[Excel and PowerPoint].