Job Category: Systems Engineer - Aerospace
Job Id: 2079
Salary Range: $75,000-$160,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Kent, WA or fully remote
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate and guide system design and development at all stages of development lifecycle, beginning with requirements capture and flow-down, through preliminary design, critical design, product realization, design verification testing, system integration, qualification, certification, and delivery
- Develop, manage and allocate requirements & interfaces and ensure requirements are accurately linked
- Lead and carry out systems engineering activities in accordance with system engineering standards and practices
- Support gated reviews
- Coordinate consistent System Safety products for our engines, ensuring that no gaps exist in the analysis performed by the subsystem engineers
- Review verification records (test plans, test reports, analysis reports, inspection reports, etc.) to ensure the appropriate rigor
- Ensure all aspects of the system are working to the correct configuration including drawings, interface control documents, and the design description documents
- Participate in specialty engineering (operability, reliability, maintainability, supportability) integration, analysis and verification
- Development and configuration management of products across the product lifecycle
- Act as the negotiator between multiple and sometimes conflicting interests in order to make sure the system as a whole is optimized
- Working with launch vehicle customers and test sites, create interface definition and design specification documents from engineering documentation. Respond to all facets of customer’s vehicle operability questions during all life-cycle phases of design, development, test and launch.
- Effectively communicate development status, risks, and challenges
- Track, evaluate and report on system metrics
- Lead engine level trade studies
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another technical field
- 2+ years system development/integration experience (level commensurate on experience)
- Knowledge of current systems engineering and integration tools and methodologies, in a safety-critical environment
- Interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in teams, demonstrated execution and coordination skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Experience with systems engineering tools such as DOORS, DNG, or similar
- Desire to work in development, test and production phases of a product lifecycle
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.