Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Job Id: 2071
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- Participate in product requirement definitions, design reviews, and systems integrations.
- Support electrical design, component selection, and electronics supplier technical interactions.
- Define electrical schematics, communication protocols, and PCB functionality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build and fine tune interfaces and functionality.
- Support bench, lab, field, and 3rd party testing of key electronic components
- Troubleshoot tractor sensor, actuator, and communication issues.
- Improve electrical and control system stability, availability, robustness, and performance.
- Engineering Bachelor of Science or higher
- Minimum 2+ years of industry experience
- Must have high voltage experience, BMS experience is a plus
- Experience safely working with high voltage battery packs and electric drivetrains
- Familiarity with wire harness schematic design (particularly automotive or agricultural vehicles)
- Ability to diagnose, analyze, and resolve issues hands-on with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Precision agriculture, construction, and/or robotics/mechatronics experience