Job Category: Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer
Job Id: 2069
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Leadership role that serves as the guiding technical resource for multiple projects that require advanced skill sets
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communicator able to effectively engage with clients, provide clear technical oversight, and serve as a mentor to less experienced engineers within the ME department
- Exhibit high-level project awareness and identify risks or necessary direction changes early in a program
- Verify work products are up to customer and Alten quality standards, including relevant industry standards (ISO 13485, AS9100, etc)
- Able to operate with little input from management and considerable latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions
- Communicate and coordinate with other disciplines including Electrical, Systems, and Software Engineering
- Assist with distribution of engineering resources considering project priority, team skillset, and team interests
- Provide inputs to project planning, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking
- Assist in sales process for scoping, estimating, and quoting future projects
- Seek out and participate in outside organizations for the advancement of career and exposure of Alten
- Identify and help incorporate state of the art tools required to maintain competitive in applicable industries
- Lead initiatives and meetings within the team and functional area
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university plus at least 20 years of relevant experience including analysis, design and product development (note 30 years of experience is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to autonomously provide subject-matter expert level technical leadership with complex problems across a variety of industries using engineering principles
- Strong knowledge of applicable analysis tools (Ansys and/or Femap with NX Nastran, MathCad), including ability to review hand calculations to support design decisions
- Working knowledge of CAD and design tools (preferably SOLIDWORKS and/or PTC Creo) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote)
- Familiarity with drawing standards, including ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Demonstrated experience with product design process
- Demonstrated experience working with clients to shape problems
- Demonstrated experience mentoring less experienced team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present and report technical findings
- Ability to manage time among multiple projects and department needs effectively
- Familiarity with space, aerospace, and/or medical industries
- Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary design teams
Salary Range: $135-180k/yr
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.