California, San Francisco
Job Category: Electrical Engineer
Job Id: 2052
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Join a team of engineers designing the critical electrical subsystems that enable the key functions and ever-expanding features of the Linear Generator
- Perform initial bring-up, test, and qualification of electrical subsystems
- Develop a strong system-level understanding and support troubleshooting in design, manufacturing, and test
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and external suppliers to improve designs for manufacturability and reliability
- Collaborate with reliability engineering to develop test procedures and partner with test engineering to validate components and subsystems
- Provide application engineering support to early customer installations
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, or a similar engineering field
- A minimum of 4 years’ industry experience working full-time
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Successful communicator, with “collaborate-first” mindset, who will interface across a range of teams and personalities
- Self-starter and fast learner, enthusiastic to learn complex design concepts and work with a world class team
- Eagerness to work on a wide variety of assignments
- Hands-on experience developing and implementing electrical hardware designs
- Technical understanding and experience in several of the following areas:
- Power distribution within an electromechanical system
- Wiring and cable harness/assembly design
- Grid tie inverters
- Designing or interfacing with high voltage battery systems
- Electronics design
- Hands-on test experience, preferably working with voltages of 480VAC and 1000VDC
- UL certification process or designing a UL listed product
- Application engineering for distributed energy resources
- Power systems engineering
- UL 1741 SA
- Onboarding or supporting a contract manufacturer
- Experience in the full hardware development life cycle, from requirements development to manufacturing support
- Experience working at a startup or rapid development environment
Salary Range: $120,000-140,000
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.