California, San Francisco
Job Category: Configuration Data Manager
Job Id: 2051
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Management of program baselines and change control to these baselines
- Configuration and Data Management (CDM) lead position responsible for requirements, design, hardware and software configuration management
- Oversees Configuration Change Board, Configuration Status Accounting, Configuration Audits, and Data Management (DM)
- Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and operations
- Evaluate changes for need, cost, and schedule impact to contract and collaborate discussions across all functional disciplines
- Manage data inputs into product data management tools and configuration trace systems to ensure configuration and revision control integrity of technical baselines
- Validate and verify configuration status accounting process to ensure key data is captured; provides guidance/direction for proper data entry and creation of configuration trace structure and open item creation and closures.
- Prepare/update Configuration Data Management Plans and other program directives defining program CM and DM processes
- Ensure that CM and DM requirements are implemented in compliance with CDM plan
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education
- 5 years of related experience in Configuration & Data Management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Subject Matter Expertise of CDM processes
- Experience using Team Center/Windchill, JIRA and Confluence tools
- Experience with working in a development, production and sustainment environment
- Experience interfacing with all engineering, manufacturing, quality and operation disciplines and be able to work in a team environment and work independently as required
- Knowledgeable of principles, standards and processes in EIA-649, Configuration Management Standard
- Experience in a role that required excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Experience creating, maintaining and analyzing product structure, correcting errors within Configuration Status Accounting (CSA) tool
- Understanding of Data Management process and relationship to CDRLs, SDRLs and Data Rights
- Familiarity with Export Control regulations (EAR/ITAR)
Salary Range: $130,000-160,000
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.