South Carolina, Anderson
Job Category: Dimensional/Geometry Engineer - GD&T (Automotive)
Job Id: 1991
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
- Min 2 years of experience in measurement and checking fixtures development or in mechanical engineering & design
- Gauge repeatability and reproducibility (R&R) mandatory
- Measurement and data analysis, fluent in statistical process (Excel)
- 3D scanning experience (preferred with Polyworks)
- Minitab experience preferred
- Manages Design/Development/Tuning of checking Fixtures until Plant Acceptance
- Makes or manage dimensional measurements and deliver dimensional reports
- Contributes to product tuning (analysis, corrective actions)
- Estimates the budget (hours + costs) needed to make control fixtures and measurements and submit to his Manager for validation
- Contributes to build the Geometry Folder (RPS system, aso…)
- Defines and write the specification books of the Checking Fixtures in accordance with customer requirements
- Participates with the Purchasing Department to the sourcing of Checking Fixtures
- Manages follow-up & validation of supplier Checking Fixtures studies in accordance with project team
- Manages technical follow-up of Checking Fixtures manufacturing (modular, production…)
- Validates the commissioning of checking fixtures in accordance to standard & spec. books (Safety, functionality, R&r, lack of interference…) before transferring it from the supplier
- synthesis of different measurement results: 1D, 2D, 3D & capabilities
- Plans, organizes, makes or sub-contract all measurements according to Metrology Requests
- Makes final statement of the project emphasizing best practices