Job Category: Firmware Engineer
Job Id: 1874
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implement C++ low-level FW routines that run on an embedded system.
- Responding to interrupts within a real-time constraint.
- Work with multithreaded application development.
- The firmware is part of a complex system (multiple HW modules with another central module to coordinate). Work will be performed on end-of-life board updates and incremental development on existing designs.
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related computer field
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible post-Bachelor’s degree experience in the offered position or in a related occupation required.
- Five (5) years experience with software development leveraging C++
- Five (5) years experience developing software for complex systems or computerized products.
- Two (2) years of experience working with real-time OS in embedded systems
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrated ability to support hardware and software troubleshooting
- Some experience with software development cycle or automated testing.
- Some experience with an object-oriented design methodology and various programming languages, including C/C++ and Python.
- Some experience with a multi-threaded, real-time operating system, and event-driven environment.