Job Category: Senior Staff Mechanical Engineer
Job Id: 1631
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Mechanical Engineering role:
- Implement product design utilizing engineering principles, experience, critical thinking, and prototyping methods.
- Plan and frame product design effort by collecting, developing, and analyzing design inputs, risks, and performing hand calculations to inform design decisions.
- Estimate scope and duration of proposed design efforts and communicate associate outputs to stakeholders (schedule, budget, deliverables)
- Compile and present complete engineering design and analysis documentation so product designs can be produced while meeting the proper regulatory requirements consistent with Alten Technology’s Quality System processes.
- Assist in the sales process for quoting and estimating future design and analysis projects.
- Willingness to work on projects across a wide range of industries (space, aviation, robotics, medical)
- On occasion, willing to act as embedded support directly with a customer team for short durations (i.e., acting as an extension of the customer team). When it occurs, this work can be done remotely; regular travel to the customer is not expected.
- Mechanical Engineering Leadership role:
- May serve as primary technical resource and/or lead teams.
- May provide technical oversight, training, and mentoring.
- Work with Project Management and Systems Engineering to understand system-level requirements, define and implement actions for Mechanical Engineering team members, and identify scope creep.
- Contribute to Alten Technology’s Product Development Process.
- Participate in outside organizations for both career advancement and professional exposure of Alten Technology.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering from an accredited college or university plus 7+ years of product development and analysis experience; OR
- Master’s Degree (M.S.) in engineering plus 5+ year of product development and analysis experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong knowledge of PTC Creo and/or Solidworks and knowledge of other CAD packages a plus.
- Understanding of FEA, with experience in ANSYS or Femap with NX Nastran a plus.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with interdisciplinary teams, vendors, and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems using engineering principles without supervision.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to share and manage time among multiple projects effectively.
- Experience with design of ground support equipment or design of truss structures.
- Experience with GD&T (ASME Y14.5 Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.