Job Category: Sr. Electrical Engineer (FPGA)
Job Id: S378
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design Work
You’ll design FPGA architectures, code in different HDL languages (Verilog, VHDL, System Verilog), and use different technologies from the leading FPGA companies. You’ll get your hands dirty and own your designs from start to finish, involving other team members as appropriate to ensure that our designs are successful. Because we’re a team of generalists, you’ll also get the chance to do some hardware design from time to time, working on hardware architectures, power budgets, schematics, and PCBs. You’ll also review the work of other engineers on a regular basis.
- Sales Support
You’ll work closely with our account managers and project managers to bid and scope projects with our customers, occasionally visiting customer sites to discuss our capabilities.
Whether it’s training, developing and refining our processes, managing portions of our Quality Management System, or tracking your time, you’ll also have to deal with a lot of the extraneous responsibilities of a senior staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited technical college or university in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Hardware design experience including most of the following:
- PCBA design and layout
- Serial or RF channel design technologies
- DC/DC converters and topologies
- Strong FPGA design experience to include most of the following:
- FPGA architecture and interface definition
- HDL coding in Verilog or VHDL
- Use of integrated logic analysis tools
- Experience with platforms such as Ultrascale, Zynq, etc.
- Experience with softcore processors such as Picoblaze, Microblaze, NIOS
- Simulation experience – block level as well as system level
- Good knowledge of Synthesis tools and primitives mapping
- Constraints management
- Demonstrated ability to debug FPGA designs in the system
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) algorithms and implementation
- TMR/Radiation mitigation techniques
- Development of specifications and derived requirements from a customer or end-user inputs
- Experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
- History of successful delivery of products in a technical leadership role
- Demonstrable history of successful mentorship of other engineers
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum development practices
- Familiarity with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and AS9100
- Experience with regulatory and standard requirements such as CE, FCC, UL, MIL-STDs, IEC standards, DO-160, DO-254, RoHS, WEEE, etc.
Salary Range: $110-130k/yr
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.