Quality Engineer (Aviation)
Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 4128
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify improvement opportunities, analyze the current situation and potential benefits, apply lean and quality principles by application of the process approach, or selection of appropriate approaches, methods and tool, and lead or contribute.
- Ensure the Tool management system is in line with the Quality Management System remains compliant with internal and external requirements.
- Ability to adapt and use multiple forms of interaction styles to convince and/or persuade people/stakeholders to follow ideas and proposals.
- Ability to negotiate & influence using reasoned advocacy in order to gain buy-in as well as using facilitation.
- Through common and newly identified Quality Control methods, ensure that sufficient means of control are in place thereby ensuring that the manufacturing facility remains compliant to all relevant standards and procedures.
- Ensure product conformity attestation, by managing the QA attribution / Ops Surveillance / Inspection Control Plan using the relevant control systems, tools and methods knowing the:
- Generic rules for inspection in accordance with the definition dossier and process instruction documentation.
- Generic rules on ground tests performed in the working area.
- Relevant standards, regulations, measurements, certification of people, basics on airworthiness.
- Ability to search, read and understand technical data such as design drawings.
- Implement Key Performance Indicators to ensure that standards of tool calibration & Quality are improved and/or adapted where necessary.
- Perform surveillance activities to ensure adherence to target condition and generate/implement improvement opportunities.
- Set the quality standard for both new service introduction at initial design before any process changes are made and continuously through the product life cycle.
- Manage subcontractor performance in line with General Conditions of Purchase and verify compliance.
- Work with subcontractor to implement clear, detailed and achievable improvement plans.
- Capture and re-use Lessons Learnt.
- Perform Quality Audits through a deployed system of verified compliance and report the results to the required internal/external authority.
- B.S./B.A. degree in engineering or another technical field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Aviation/aerospace experience required
- Experience using SAP required
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS) and all applicable regulatory (EASA, ECSS, etc.), standards (9100/9100/AQAP2110), legal, environmental requirements, policies, directives, processes and methods that need to be complied with.
- Knowledge of key quality topics, i.e., pro-active prevention and continuous improvement, APQP, core tools (Quality Gates, CI's/KT's, FMEA, Control Plan, SPC, PPS), Q6, CNQ, workmanship and FOD prevention.
- Good knowledge of Project Management and Quality Management Systems (QMS).
- Strong and effective Practical Problem-Solving skills (demonstrable).
- Understanding of Kaizen approach to Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the Production process and build cycle.
- Knowledge of rules for aircraft design and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of aircraft mechanical & electrical installation.
- Familiar with the American aviation market, its Airlines and Airline Representatives.
- Ability to quickly understand procedural and technical documents.
- Strong communication skills through all levels of the organization and functions.
- Strong international communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.