San Francisco , California
Job Category: Engineering
Job Id: 4120
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
Job Description: Dimensional Engineer
ALTEN who we are…
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficiency and quality of our manufacturing processes. Your responsibilities will include:
· Providing applicable specifications and targets to all stakeholders involved in the manufacturing process.
· Troubleshooting build issues on the manufacturing floor, such as parts not fitting together or appearance defects caused by poor fits.
· Conducting statistical analysis using VA software to enhance process efficiency.
· Improving part location strategies and checking fixture concepts to optimize manufacturing operations.
· Validating system and component GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) compatibility with the overall vehicle strategy.
· Master of Science degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
· Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T standard and familiarity with engineering drawings.
· 5+ years of manufacturing process experience.
Qualifications - The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Strong proficiency in VA software and a solid understanding of basic statistical concepts and process control (Six Sigma).
· Familiarity with various manufacturing processes, including injection molding, metal stamping, and machining.
· Knowledge of measurement systems and manufacturing/assembly processes.
· Proficient in PC tools such as PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
· Strong knowledge of CATIA V5, CATIA V6, and visualization software is preferred.
If you are a detail-oriented and innovative engineer with a passion for optimizing manufacturing processes, we invite you to apply and contribute to our dynamic team.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.