Software Quality Engineer (US Personnel Only)
Westminster , Colorado
Job Category: Quality Assurance
Job Id: 4091
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· The SQA's primary job is to ensure that product software requirements have been met.
· The SQA may assist the software developers with validation of requirements and will be involved in writing verification plans and protocols, executing tests, and writing test reports for software.
· They may also be instrumental in finalizing the requirements traceability matrix if applicable to the project.
· Individual will receive regular direction, guidance, and feedback from a supervisor and may be required to seek approval or input before making certain decisions or taking specific actions.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties or tasks may be assigned as required. Management may modify, change or add to the duties of this description at any time without notice. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
o Test development, planning, and writing
o Software test execution
o Software test reporting
o Requirements review and validation
o Automated testing / script-writing (desired)
· This role will be performed in an office or lab / assembly environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in science, computer science, or engineering field.
· 5 years’ (+/- 3) experience in SW engineering, V&V, or quality role.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Language Ability: This position specifically requires ability to create, read, analyze, and interpret complex documents; to respond effectively to inquiries and complaints; to write problem statements, draw tightly worded conclusions, and form arguments supported by evidence for regulatory submission. Individuals who fill this role must demonstrate consistent aptitude in creating accurate, succinct documentation appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences both by creating content and by critically reviewing content created by others.
· Reasoning Ability: Root Cause Analysis and software debugging will be a part of the right candidate’s skillset.
· Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very proficient with Business Applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, and Project. Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) software is a plus (Cradle, CORE, Doors); product lifecycle management tools like Arena, Omnify, or Agile, as well as some level of programming / code debugging.
· Certificates and Licenses: ISTQB/ASTQB (e.g.)
· Other Skills/Abilities/Specifications: Process-oriented individual, programming languages, VM environments, test script editing and creation. The right candidate will also have understanding of quality assurance and will be able to port their software test skills into hardware verification planning and execution.
· Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of an office job. Occasional / hybrid remote work is possible but not guaranteed.
· Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Salary Range: $75k - $98k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Location: Onsite, occasional Hybrid/Remote.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.