Testing Engineer - Climate Systems
Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 4078
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
What You Will be Doing
- Lead and participate in testing and tuning activities for climate controller parameter settings in vehicle applications.
- Collaborate with control engineers, test engineers, feature leaders, and software developers to optimize climate control system performance.
- Conduct testing and tuning activities on roads, in wind tunnels, and climate chambers.
- Represent the climate department in the software development process, working within an agile team structure.
- Act as the point of contact for software-related quality issues in trucks in the field, proposing and driving changes or tuning of climate software.
- Analyze and interpret results from vehicle testing, ensuring data-driven decisions.
- Provide expertise and recommendations for improving climate control system performance.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and best practices in climate control system engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Automotive Climate system and/or control software development.
- Ability to plan and analyze results from vehicle testing.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Proven experience in climate control system engineering.
- Familiarity with agile software development processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and data analysis capabilities.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- $70,000 – 80,000 annually
- The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.