Supplier Partner Development Engineer
Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 4060
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
Job Description: Supplier Partner Development Engineer
ALTEN who we are…
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Join our dynamic Supplier Partner Development (SPD) team, a dedicated group committed to ensuring the seamless flow of quality, capacity, and flexibility across our supply chain. As a Supplier Partner Development Engineer (SPDE) specializing in Surface Treatment, your role will be integral to company initiatives. Leverage your expertise in paint and surface treatment principles to certify suppliers to our high standards.
Your responsibilities will span the entire product lifecycle, from production commencement to the aftermarket phase. In times of supplier delivery crises, you'll play a crucial role in mitigating impacts and securing timely deliveries to production and aftermarket sites.
As an SPDE, you'll serve as a vital link between purchasing and plants, providing supply chain expertise to both buyers and suppliers. Your focus on paint and surface treatment quality in the supply chain will be instrumental in addressing issues and supporting critical projects. Engage actively in sourcing and supplier selection, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities.
- Act as an active member in the SPD North America Purchasing team, taking responsibility and accountability for assigned projects.
- Provide support for ongoing investigations and contribute to the planning and implementation of critical projects.
- Utilize your expertise in liquid paint application and share knowledge of quality, purchasing, and manufacturing in paint and surface treatment technologies.
- Audit and develop Surface Treatment Suppliers to ensure adherence to company standards.
- Contribute to SPD activities in alignment with defined strategies and targets.
- Foster close interaction with suppliers, collaborating with cross-functional teams to communicate common strategies.
- Implement Company & Supplier Evaluation processes to select the best suppliers.
- Communicate performance indicators to suppliers, including PPAP, APQP, Supplier Delivery Precision, and PPM/QPM.
- Adhere to company processes, the Code of Conduct, and company Values.
- Maintain accurate and updated part quality information in the company Purchasing System.
- Follow up on preventive quality action programs and corrective actions.
- Generate and track product or process-related deviations to support production until full approval and compliance are obtained.
- Review and assist in quality rejections resulting from supplier deficiencies in the manufacturing environment.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the automotive or Heavy-Duty Truck industry.
- Background and knowledge in paint and surface treatment, with experience in manufacturing processes for the automotive and/or NA heavy-duty truck industry.
- Surface treatment and chemical processing experience.
- Preferred: University Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, or equivalent work experience related to automotive and/or NA heavy-duty truck painting and surface treatment industry. Consideration given for experience and strong performance in lieu of a diploma, coupled with a comparable Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering background and experience in painting and surface treatment in the automotive and/or NA heavy-duty truck industry.
- Knowledgeable in current and future business trends, technology, and markets.
- Ability to execute in a global organization (Preferred).
- Proactive problem-solving and direct, actionable feedback.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain Management in Painting and Surface Treatment.
- Effective continuous improvement and zero-defect mentality.
- Proficiency in English, both written and oral communication.
- Ability to understand and interpret paint and surface treatment specifications, with general technical knowledge related to processes and chemistry in this industry.
- Familiarity with automotive quality standards and tools, such as ISO 9000:2015, IATF16949, ISO14001.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to create networks with strong communication skills to lead cross-functional activities within multicultural teams.
- Ability to work independently when required.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.