Senior Propulsion Controls Engineer
Phoenix , Arizona
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 4033
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
What You Will be Doing
- Design and develop control software using MATLAB/Simulink.
- Foster close collaboration with various departments to ensure seamless development integration.
- Demonstrate complete ownership of the software development process, including rigorous testing and validation both in the lab and real-world vehicle scenarios.
- Collaborate with embedded, integration, and cross-functional engineers to implement, test, debug, and calibrate control algorithms.
- Offer expert guidance in software development to mentor and support team members.
- Engage with a highly skilled and dynamic team within a fast-paced work environment.
- Play a pivotal role in identifying and resolving control system-related issues to ensure optimal performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or a related field, with a Master's degree (preferred), or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in building embedded control software.
- Profound expertise in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Proven experience in developing control algorithms.
- Direct involvement in vehicle-level control design, specializing in torque management, braking systems, or state management for electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Strong background in modeling and simulation.
- Familiarity with optimization methods.
- Exceptional ability to communicate technical data effectively to individuals and teams across various departments within the organization.
- Solid foundation in Model-Based system design within the MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Knowledge of auto-code generation within the MATLAB/Simulink environment.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming.
- Comprehensive understanding of system/component design and development processes.
- Knowledge of classical and modern control theory.
- Familiarity with tools such as Vector CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape.
- Proficiency with CAN and LIN Communication Protocols.
- $120,000 – 125,000 annually
- The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.