Senior Controls Engineer
Phoenix , Arizona
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 4027
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create MATLAB/Simulink control software for vehicle state and power management
- Collaborate with other departments on development requirements
- Take charge of software, testing, and validation, in the lab and on vehicles
- Collaborate with embedded/integration engineers to implement, test, debug, and calibrate control algorithms
- Offer software development guidance to team members
- Engage in a fast-paced environment with a skilled team
- Provide support for troubleshooting control system issues
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 6+ years of professional experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
- Skilled in control algorithm development
- Direct experience in designing vehicle-level controls for electric/hybrid vehicles, encompassing battery management, charging systems, and state management
- Experienced in modeling and simulation
- Strong background in Model-Based system design using MATLAB/Simulink
- Knowledgeable in auto-code generation within MATLAB/Simulink
- Proficient in C/C++ programming
- Solid grasp of system/component design and development processes
- Familiar with git version control
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.