Hardware Quality and Reliability Engineer
North Reading , Massachusetts | Westborough , Massachusetts
Job Category: Quality Assurance
Job Id: 3967
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
As a Hardware Quality and Reliability Engineer, you will conduct analysis of field failures to identify product quality and reliability risks. You will collaborate with internal teams and customers to prioritize opportunities for product improvement and drive corrective and preventative actions to address field quality and reliability challenges. You will support the development of processes, systems and tools to improve effectiveness of the HW Quality and Reliability Engineering function. You will partner with development teams to drive lessons learned into new product designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyze field failures to identify product quality and reliability risks.
- Prioritize issues based on replacement and error rate of KPIs in Tableau.
- Root Cause and CAPA process -- measured by time to completion and repeat issue metric.
- Resolve issues in SIM system according to SLA standards.
- Capture lessons learning the knowledge repository.
- Design for Reliability
- Risk Assessments -- Potential failure modes identifies and ranked according to occurrence rate and severity.
- Usage Profiles -- Quantifying daily use statistics for robotic automation products
- Reliability Assessments -- MTBF models, reliability predictions.
- Reliability Test Plans, Executions, and Reports -- Measured by improvement in predicted reliability.
- Prevention of repeat issues from the field on new products.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ Hardware Quality and Reliability Engineering
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience with quality tools and concepts including 8D, SPC, MSA, FMEA.
- Experience with reliability testing including Life data analysis, Failure Analysis and Reliability statistics like acceleration factors, Weibull analysis, MTTF/MTBF etc.
- Experience in leading & driving projects to success.
- Proficiency with Minitab, PTC Windchill Quality solutions, or ReliaSoft Synthesis platform tools.
- Hands-on experience in finalizing/identifying product failure mode.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- CQE, CRE or CSSBB
- Proficiency with SQL, Agile PLM, MS Project, Visio, Tableau
Schedule: Hybrid, on-site 3 days per week in North Reading, MA or Westborough, MA
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.