Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3943
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Execute technical inspections in the production process of the aircraft in the context of the authorization of manufacturer operation.
· Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, final inspections during aircraft manufacture for compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements.
· Document the technical inspections performed in the production orders SAP-based and the relevant SAP-based IT systems by inspection marks and complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports.
· Support troubleshooting and participate in Quality Survey requests.
· Compile all technical data of non-conformance in order to launch the SAP-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation.
· Document all the results of the technical inspections in the SAP based IT system.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· B.S. degree in relevant engineering field OR Equivalent experience
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
· Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
· Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
· Handling and use of inspection tools of the length measuring techniques (mechanical, optical, electrical).
· Basic understanding of Supply Chain and Logistics operations.
Location: Onsite in Mobile, AL
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.