Senior Systems Engineer
San Francisco , California
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 3942
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze product-level requirements and facilitate the decomposition of these requirements into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Provide support and conduct reviews of both software and hardware design, implementation, and test cases.
- Identify, document, and bring attention to cross-functional gaps and dependencies, proactively seeking innovative solutions to address integration issues and ensure seamless vehicle functionality.
- Collaborate closely with test and integration engineers to define and implement comprehensive test coverage for software feature implementations.
- Develop and execute vehicle integration plans, coordinating the integration of relevant sub-system components while meticulously tracking program milestones and delivery objectives.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of vehicle log data and source code as necessary to pinpoint system-level issues, facilitating rapid issue resolution in close collaboration with domain experts. Following root cause analysis, propose process and subsystem changes, including diagnostics and tool enhancements.
- Foster collaboration across the organization to contribute to a unified variant management strategy that operates efficiently, encompassing software build configurations and upgrade capabilities among other aspects.
- 8 or more years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or similar field.
- Demonstrated experience with vehicle lighting systems is a must.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Proficient in debugging complex systems involving multiple ECUs interfacing with various vehicle sub-systems.
- Strong grasp of automotive hardware, software concepts, and development processes.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced development environment, with a proactive approach to cross-functional collaboration for vehicle-level integration problem-solving.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle safety concepts and related testing procedures.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to continuous improvement and learning.
- Experience with most of the following is required:
- Low Voltage sources (12V battery, Vehicle DCDC)
- Low Voltage sinks (Compute, vehicle motion actuators, lighting, vehicle ECUs, HVAC, etc)
- Low Voltage distribution (wiring harnesses)
- CPU power management
- Experience with Automotive CAN and LIN
- Experience with Vector tools and applications (CANape, CANalyzer, CANoe, Vflash)
Salary Range: $150,000
- The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.