Project Engineer - Reaction Control System
Kent , Washington
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3914
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Act as a manufacturing-focused project manager, responsible for managing scope, schedule, cost, resources, and programmatic risks.
- Receive direction from the IPTL and coordinates often with Tech Lead, Mfg Lead, Test Lead, and Test Project Manager on priorities of team resources to resolve potential conflict.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Lead who has responsibility for technical oversight over the same team members.
- Needs to be knowledgeable on Program-level and IPT-level objectives, milestones, and deliverables:
- Awareness on all manufacturing-related deliverables to the program and other IPTs
- Awareness of the Program schedule forecast and critical path
- Awareness of the IPT schedule forecast, including primary and secondary critical paths
- Manage the Manufacturing Team, provide direction on task priorities based on IPT programmatic needs (scope, schedule, cost) and receiving status on manufacturing activities.
- Create new tools and utilize existing systems (where possible) to improve documentation, visibility, and tracking of our manufacturing scope of work and forecasted work.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Some experience in leading a team, strong communication & organizational skills.
- Experience in aerospace industry (space or aviation).
- Experience in complex component development & manufacturing.
- Able to provide programmatic support or facilitate escalation when team members run into issues or obstacles which hinder progress on tasks.
- Knowledgeable on the baseline manufacturing scope of work, as documented in the program IMS (Integrated Master Schedule).
- Able to identify and track all resource-based risks.
- Experience with thrusters, thrust chambers, injectors, igniters, valves would be nice, but not required
Salary Range: $90-155k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Location: Onsite Hybrid Remote
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.