Process Engineer - Aerospace
Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3858
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support for implementation of Lock out/Tag out (LOTO) process to create a safer working environment for employees supporting aircraft production.
- Applying the LOTO process, regarding securing of dynamic and electrified aircraft components for safe work on the aircraft.
- To implement LOTO for the aircraft the following steps are anticipated as requirements:
- Determination of best methods to introduce LOTO into existing intervention considering US requirements for OSHA as well.
- Creation of consignment card format and content that defines how to secure each applicable aircraft component (i.e., MLG, flaps, HTP, etc.).
- Identify any additional areas where LOTO could be implemented to secure aircraft.
- Definition of any additional tooling to support process defined in consignment cards.
- Definition of kits of tooling required to implement each consignment card.
- Use LBIP templates to identify tools, processes, people, risks, opportunities, and blockers.
- Macro planning according to LBIP templates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other related technical degree.
- Two years’ experience in an aerospace experience in manufacturing engineering, aircraft maintenance and or production
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Familiarity with material control processes in a manufacturing environment, including lock out / tag out objectives and methodologies.
- Familiarity with mechanical processes in a manufacturing environment, including mechanical assemblies.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point.
- Skilled in CATIA V5, 3DX.
- Must have good communication skills and comfortable working within multiple teams of engineers and production people.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing work situations.
- Lean management skills.
- Lean Business Improvement Project (LBIP) experience.
Note: Onsite in Mobile, AL
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.