Cabin Vendor Management
Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3855
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for engineering development per the aircraft modification project plan.
- Responsible for generating specific technical solutions to support cabin or cargo compartment upgrades including, but not limited to, cabin or cargo monument/equipment installation, monument system and electrical definition.
- Responsible for generating customized monument specifications.
- Responsible for engineering (installation, adaptation or removal) drawings and ensuring their accuracy and quality.
- Responsible for generating installation, adaptation or removal instructions to support input for Service Bulletins.
- Responsible for determining the parts required for monument and kit definition.
- Manage the engineering (installation, adaptation or removal) drawings and generating customized monument specifications using subcontractors (internal and external).
- Support the certification process as required.
- Strong liaison with other departments (both internally and internationally), vendors/suppliers and subcontractors.
- Minimum BS degree in engineering or related field: BS degree 3 years / MS 2 years
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in Aerospace, Automotive, or related field
- Project or program engineering experience.
- Ability to read and make corrections to engineering drawings.
- Ability to develop and present design and program reviews and answer questions thereto.
- Ability to map and understand basic engineering processes, and to extract information from those processes, to include timescales, enablers, deliverables and risk.
- Eligible for employment in the US
- This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Location: Onsite in Mobile, AL
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.