Associate Methods Engineer
Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Engineering
Job Id: 3822
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in statistical process control (SPC) projects in order to improve production quality, safety, flow time and cycle.
- Requests new design change and/or new production methods to ensure the proper coordination of all the tasks and to comply with the end to end facility process.
- Write and maintain technical specifications.
- Perform complex measurements of basic aircraft interior structural components.
- Capacity to represent Methods standpoint during Digital Mock-Up review.
- Measures interior aircraft with digital machine interfaced with CATIA V5.
- Evaluates engineering drawings/3D models and determines if the design is satisfactory for production or not.
- Creates technical documentation based on SPC studies to address actions to engineering or production for improving production flow time or cycle.
- Create tooling specification.
- Acts as technical liaison between engineering and production in the development/optimization of production methods and new designs.
- Observes all safety procedures when performing measures and creating tooling to ensure safe operation of the people, environment and material.
- Receives initial instructions, requirements, and advice from Team Leader.
- Capability to perform reporting to management.
- Capability to challenge Engineering design and production methods Performs Research and Development (R & D) work to assist in developing parts, tooling, planning, and engineering.
- Ancillary duties as assigned by management.
- Work in both normal office conditions and manufacturing environments.
- B.S. Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and MS Project.
- Must have good communication skills, and be open minded to suggestions from others.
- Good knowledge of mechanical tolerances.
- Strong working knowledge of math and geometry and be able to work in both Metric and English units of measure.
- Must be able to work long periods (8 hours) at a computer terminal.
- Must be able to function throughout total facility, including up and down stairs and in and out of aircraft.
- Must be able to stand, kneel or crouch.
- Employee will be subject to normal machining environment to confer with machinist(s) and must not be allergic to machining dust, particles. Cannot be sensitive to manufacturing noise (riveting, drilling, machining, aircraft engines running, etc.)
- Work in machining/manufacturing environment wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) as required.
- CNC programming skills.
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
- Experience writing methodology related to ME functions.
- Aircraft related experience.
- VPM, CATIA V5 (Basic design) or equivalent (Minimum 200 hrs).
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.