Denver , Colorado
Job Category: Engineering
Job Id: 3812
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Systems Engineering role:
- Technical leader on a variety of project sizes and complexities.
- Works with the project leads in a variety of disciplines to direct their high level activities.
- Comfortable working at various levels on a project team, and across multiple disciplines.
- Identify system requirements, technical risks and mitigations.
- Interface with project manager to provide technical status reports and ensure customer needs are met.
- Interact with customer to communicate technical aspects of the project.
- Work with the project team to communicate requirements, risks, and cross functional issues.
- Work with the project team to optimize the design of the system.
- Coordinate and/or lead integration and verification efforts.
- Manage the configuration management process.
- Organize design reviews and providing the systems engineering content therein.
- Identify scope creep and inform the project manager.
- May assist temporarily with some project management duties if the project manager is unavailable (sick leave, vacation, etc.).
- Actively participate in the sales process for quoting and estimating future projects.
Systems Engineering Modeling and Documentation role:
- Concept of Operations
- Requirements solicitation and analysis
- Use Cases
- Behavior Diagrams
- Trade Studies
- System Architecture
- Interface Control Documents
- Risk Analysis
- Verification Plans
- Systems engineering documentation and modeling may be done with both basic documentation tools (Visio, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.) or Models Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Software (CAMEO).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.), from a technical college or university in an Engineering field.
- 6+ years of engineering/product development experience, including 3 years of demonstrated proficiency and leadership in systems engineering.
- Good working knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines, including Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineering.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Systems engineering and product development experience (or strong product development knowledge)
- Experience working on satellite technology subsystems and/or medical device product development.
- Desired skills:
- Experience with Systems Engineering SW tools - CAMEO, Requirements Management Tools.
- Experience with DO-160, DO-178, DO-254, DO-278,MIL-STD-461, MIL‑STD‑810.
- Experience with Reliability Engineering (FTA, FMEA, FMECA)
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Salary Range: $90k-145k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.