Mainframe Support Analyst
Salt Lake City , Utah
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Id: 3807
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be responsible for ensuring the availability, performance, and capacity of our trading, data analytics, settlement, and risk systems.
- You will work closely with our development and business teams to design, implement, and monitor solutions that automate IT operational tasks and enable continuous delivery of new features.
- You will also troubleshoot and resolve incidents and emergencies using data-driven analysis and best practices.
- To work as a support member of the horizontal mainframe support.
- Understanding the large picture and provide excellent Support to Business Users on Critical Business Issues for Legal, Finance, Regulatory, and ED&S applications.
- To ensure our clients issues are resolved within defined SLAs (Service Level Agreements), meeting their expectations of resolution for issues raised.
- Leveraging the available tools within team, to ensure that system and critical incidents are correctly managed, ensuring timely resolution and as well focusing on strategic solution.
- Detailed analysis of new issues and documenting associated fixes, along with training other colleagues in support team.
- Ability to monitor systems and resolve day to day issues of the batch stream, and report on status of streams as needed.
- Provide detailed analysis of issues / governance report to senior management.
- Minimum 5-7 years mainframe experience in JCL and Cobol.
- Experience using Adabas/Natural is a big plus.
- Prior production IT support experience a plus. (note: resources with a development-only background tend to have much higher turnover rates in this role).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Ability to work shifts that start and finish later local time. (12PM -1PM – 9PM - 10PM MT).
- Strong interest in and aptitude for being trained in supporting distributed Linux/Java based applications. Prior exposure to Linux/Unix or Java a plus, but training will be provided.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines to resolve production issues. During critical processing times, turnaround on critical job abends is expected to be a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Familiarity and expertise in supporting the entire lifecycle of an incident – identification, escalation, communications to both tech and business users, and post-incident follow-ups. Familiarity with a tool like ServiceNow a plus.
- Willingness to do weekend and other off-shift coverage occasionally as part of a team rotation schedule.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing to both business and technical people.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.