IT Support Analyst
Salt Lake City , Utah
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Id: 3806
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- A Production Support analyst will primarily be responsible for managing the technology stack to ensure we are providing the expected service to our clients through proactive system alerts, incident management, problem management and user escalations/tickets via ServiceNow.
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application, and network.
- Manage Incident calls with IT partners, Infrastructure teams and other technology stakeholders.
- Collaborate with development teams and users to resolve Support issues.
- Identify areas for improvements including automation, toil reduction, resiliency and observability across the platform and help build up the knowledge and documentation for the team.
- Operate on a follow-the-sun support model, with global production support coverage in Asia, EMEA and North America. You will participate in weekend and off hours on-call on rotational basis and be point of escalation during critical incidents.
- Ensure that our global teams are working together and following consistent procedures and practices.
- 1 to 5 years practical experience in Production support or similar role.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Experience in troubleshooting Application Issues and Managing Incidents.
- Excellent and confident communicator to manage high-pressure environment.
- Interested in Supporting distributed Platform.
- Likes to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and you are not afraid to change things to make them better.
- Enjoys new technological challenges and solving hard problems.
- Aspires to join a global production support team focused on improving production plant and stability for the systems and building relationships with the downstream consumers of the systems.
- Prior Financial Industry experience is desirable.
- Familiarity with SRE principles and practices, such as service level indicators (SLIs), service level objectives (SLOs), error budgets, incident management, postmortems, and blameless culture.
- Exposure to modern Observability Tooling such as Prometheus, Grafana, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL Principles, SDLC, and Agile development is desired.
- Experience in Cloud / Distributed computing technology or certification is a plus.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.