Manual Software Test Engineer
Lafayette , Colorado
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3805
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for verification and validation of new or changed products including generating plans, protocols and reports for testing performed.
- Design, implement and/or execute automated testing.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Ensures test equipment is in good working order and calibrated, as necessary.
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Participate in all phases of product development as needed such as reviewing requirements, design, usability, risk assessment and defects.
- Participate in defect tracking and analysis.
- Troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and support existing products.
- Effectively communicate findings, problems and solutions to project teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate and maintain excellent working relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- All activities must be performed in compliance with the Quality System.
- Performs duties in compliance with environmental, health and safety related site rules, policies or governmental regulations.
- BS / BA in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with testing in development methods, test cases and reporting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Working knowledge of software design, development, debug and test practices.
- Experience with command line prompting
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience working in a regulated environment.
- Experience with medical device testing and understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR).
- Experience with test automation including GUI, integration and stress testing and designing and implementing test automation frameworks.
- Experience with software development, continuous integration and other technical tools.
- Able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative team environment. Experience with Agile and iterative development practices is a plus.
- Project management skills including planning, estimation, tracking and communication.
Salary Range: $80k - $110k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Location: On-site. Lafayette, CO.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.