FPGA Verification and Design Engineer
Mountain View , California | Remote
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3698
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the DO-254 DAL-A FPGA Designs, including Verification Process, Plans, Procedures and Test Benches for the Propulsion Motor Controller’s FPGAs and also to design and develop the Battery Management System (BMS) CPLD/FPGA.
- Develop the CPLD/FPGA designs for the BMS DO-254 DAL-A (Logics, Communications and Fault Logging, etc.).
- Develop planning documents and all relevant artifacts for certification (PHAC, HDP, HVP, HRD, standards, etc.).
- Capture design requirements, detailed design documentation, component selection and VHDL/Verilog coding.
- Run the development tools all the way through place and route, conduct on target lab testing and debug.
- Participate in development of device level requirements for the Motor Controller FPGAs (working with systems, electrical and other FPGA engineers), to ensure requirements verifiability.
- Develop the DO-254 DAL-A Verification Test Plans to support the PHAC.
- Develop simple automation tools with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or others.
- Support the design checkout and lab integration by helping to debug FPGAs by building a requirements based System-Verilog (UVM) verification suite from scratch and automate the whole process.
- Support the design with all the fault logs and metrics (code, assertion, functional) from the verification.
- You will help the Scrum Leaders in creating, organizing and executing the tasks in scope for your work and that of contractors.
- You will help to document and improve the FPGA verification and design processes as part of Continuous Improvement efforts.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering discipline or related technical field, with at least 7 years of experience with DO-254 FPGA Design and/or Verification; (or M.S in Electrical Engineering or related technical field with at least 5 years of relevant experience).
- Experience or understanding of System-Verilog UVM based verification.
- You have participated on a FPGA DO-254 program that attained FAA’s certification approval (via: TSO, STC or TC).
- You have hands-on experience with Cadence or Synopsys tools for verification and experience with Microsemi Libero, Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus tools for design (or other equivalent tools).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Have experience on a full life cycle DO-254 program, developing a verification suite from requirements capture phase all the way to FAA certification.
- Have experience with design and test bench development using one or more of the following Hardware Description Languages (HDLs): VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog.
- Have experience working and communicating with engineers in system design, systems test, and electrical roles.
- Be a self-starter, able to execute your technical work to a challenging schedule and good at managing priorities.
- You are a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are a solution-oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
- You have applied knowledge of RTL/Assertion, Block Formal, Module and System Verification.
- You have applied knowledge of synthesis, STA and place and route.
- You are familiar with SCRUM/Sprint JIRA process.
- You are familiar with CICD automation methodologies.
- Familiarity with requirements management tools like Polarion, Teamcenter Requirements, and DOORS is a plus.
Note: Candidates in Montreal and Mesa are expected to travel to Mountain View up to 25-40% of the time to participate in design reviews and lab testing (on-target and iron bird integration testing) during 2023-2024. In 2025 and beyond candidates in Montreal and Mountain View are expected to travel to Mesa up to 25% of the time to support aircraft integration, flight testing and production.
Salary Range: $110k - $150k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Location: Remote with travel to Mountain View, CA
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.