Senior PCB Drafter
Westminster , Colorado | Austin , Texas | El Segundo, CA , California
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3584
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In this position, you will work with a team designing state-of-the-art power, digital, and RF electronics for aerospace applications.
- Perform PCB layout in Altium Designer, working closely with hardware engineers on staff.
- Generate and revise drawings and release packages for PCBs and assemblies.
- Manage and maintain electronic component libraries in Altium Designer, Altium Concord, and Arena PLM.
- Generate and review schematic symbols and footprints.
- Maintain templates for schematics, layouts, bills-of-materials (BOMs), and other documents.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a PCB Drafter.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Strong experience with Altium Designer.
- Working understanding of the technical principles of PCB layout, such as routing high-speed digital signals or high-frequency power electronics.
- Aerospace, space, or other high-reliability industry experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- An eye for detail and commitment to excellence.
- Comfortable with collaboration tools such as MS Teams, Confluence, and Jira.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Strong digital, written, and spoken communication skills.
- Associates degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or similar.
- Experience managing an electronic component library.
- Experience with PLM systems such as Arena.
- Experience with advanced PCB manufacturing techniques such as sequential lamination.
- Experience with high-frequency RF layout (10 GHz or higher).
Salary Range: $ 100k – 130k
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Location: Austin, TX – Broomfield, CO
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.