Aeronautical Methods Engineer
Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3544
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reporting to the Preparation Manager, you work in close collaboration with the design office and with the operational staff in the field. Your objective is to guarantee the implementation of the industrialization process and the technical feasibility of the projects.
- Ensure production means in line with the technical specificities of the parts to be manufactured,
- Solve the technical problems encountered by the operational staff by providing a solution on time to avoid a production stoppage,
- Ensure the follow-up of the production in the workshop,
- Propose process and tooling improvements in order to optimize production and reduce non-quality costs.
- Guarantee the requests for tools.
- Write manufacturing ranges and/or operating procedures,
- Ensure compliance with commitments: quality, quantity, costs, deadlines.
- With a higher education (Bac + 5), engineering school or university
- you have at least a first experience in the industrialization professions, with a manufacturer or an equipment supplier in the automotive, rail or aeronautic sectors.
- You know SAP and CATIA V5.
- You use English on a daily basis (drafting of documents, oral technical exchanges).
- You are able to lead and federate a team. To succeed in these functions, it is imperative to have good interpersonal skills, to be autonomous, to demonstrate good organization.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.