Electrical Engineer - Wire Harness
Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Electrical Engineering
Job Id: 3306
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support aircraft electrical and wire routing design based on customer specifications, with supervision.
- Use analytical skills, particularly attention to detail, to learn and practice successful design. This includes learning how to plan, schedule, correct, and document the design, eventually performing design independently.
- Job duties are performed while maintaining regular communications with the team in a supportive manner.
- Maintain knowledge of general electrical and wire routing principles.
- Continually research and find appropriate guidance for design principles.
- Read customer specifications and determine work scope.
- Perform electrical and/or wire routing design.
- Ensure specified systems conform to applicable regulations and can be approved on the aircraft.
- Assist in completing the required documentation to obtain design approval.
- Take lead on small design projects.
- Draft on CAD program.
- Ensure company procedures and processes are followed.
- Assist in resolving production related issues.
- Mentor employees with less experience.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, or other engineering related field. Completed, relevant education from an accredited college or university may be substituted for years of relevant work experience. 1 year of education = 2 years of experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in aircraft interior completions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Drafting and/or 3D modeling experience (4000 hrs).
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good communication skills, both orally and written.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suites.
- Must be able to work in and around aircraft (requires stooping, kneeling, and climbing ladders/scaffolds) with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to work at a desk and computer for a significant portion of the day.
- Must be willing to fly on occasion.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of information technologies such as small computer Ethernet networking, computer programming and integration of peripheral equipment.
- Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of applicable certification requirements and procedures.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.