Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 3305
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
The Project Buyer is accountable for the QDCFTSR (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management) of the supplier base on his segments. The ideal candidate is responsible to make sure that the segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers, and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
- Manage the following Sourcing activities in project phase:
- To drive the supplier selection process in Projects
- To secure that supplier selection complies to the Project Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost…)
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection…) with Supplier Host support when needed
- To secure that supplier selection is aligned with the Segment strategy/Segment Business Plan (To be Supplier base, MCL...)
- To secure the outcome of the sourcing in a contractual package, and that all agreements are approved and signed
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
- Contribute to segment strategies.
- University degree in Business, Engineering, or related field and or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years’ experience in Purchasing and/or extensive negotiation experience with a supplier/customer relationship
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.