Warehouse Logistics Specialist
Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3290
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This person will be tasked with working alongside LEAN Engineers and Tooling Engineers on material movements within the shop, both coming into the warehouse and leaving the warehouse.
- This position will work in different stages from small to large sub assembly, seeing parts that need to be installed and then put back on the floor. Centralized in one location storing all of the of parts and the work in progress parts for the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- This person will ensure dedication to the next round of work on the floor and make the team as LEAN as possible. The goal is to refocus engineering time and effort back on the product on itself, getting away from warehousing.
- Being able to improve the quality of storage and logistical flow of the material is key.
- The number one priority is to clean up and move the product through the cabinet shop.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- This person needs to be able to work in a team environment, but also be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Open different industries outside of aerospace, but logistics experience is required. Preference is a large, enterprise level environment.
- Tenured experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand how to get parts quickly and efficiently moving through the facility.
- An open mind and attitude and logistics mindset vs. someone in aircraft.
- Proposes process changes to storage, improve quality, decrease damage to materials.
- Understanding of the process – such as management of inventory, shelf life, consumables, stock positions.
- Be able to determine future needs for where to push work forward in the warehouse.
- Will workflow from start to finish including extra parts including Flow plans, tooling for storage, etc.
- Be able to work with multidisciplinary groups (i.e. shop floor, management, design engineers, etc.)
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.