Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 3287
Status: Full-Time - Hybrid
We are ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we have been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that is by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicles, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in diverse ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people (about twice the seating capacity of Madison Square Garden), 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You do not have to take our word for it that we are a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
We are looking for someone who can work with feature development, feature enhancement and implement bugfixes as needed. Also provide support to our North American business users. This job will include interfacing with our global team.
You should have experience with the Microsoft platform and tools (Visual Studio, SQL Server, TFS, Azure, etc.) as well as exposure to integrations such as IBM WMQ. If you enjoy troubleshooting issues along with hands-on coding, then this should be a good fit. Ideally, you are considered a senior developer.
- Ability to troubleshoot application/infrastructure issues in an efficient manner
- Provide support to the business when application issues occur
- Collaborate with the business users and other North American support to improve processes and ways of working
- Work on application bug fixes and feature enhancements
- Develop and support RESTful services and APIs
- Develop efficient software according to business requirements within given time frame
- Ensure compliance with relevant IT Services processes, methods and tools, and business processes
- Secure that the necessary and relevant review and audits are performed for any developed modules
- Participate in architecture discussions and provide input
- Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Stay current and provide insight on cutting edge software approaches, architectures
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are considerations when designing solutions.
- Keep job knowledge up to date by studying new development tools, programming techniques, and participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining professional networks.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong in MVC, ASP .Net, Web API, OOPS Concepts.
- Strong in C# and .Net Framework.
- Hands on experience on either Web Service/WCF/REST API, consuming web services, understand serialization and deserialization model with web services.
- Hands on Experience in Database SQL server 2008 and above Strong in TSQL and Implementation of SQL Server database objects.
- Working experience with integrated systems like IBM WMQ Experience in ADO.net, LINQ Design patterns Nugget, DDD, CQRS, jQuery, SOA Knowledge of client-side frameworks like React.js, Knockout.js
- Experience in e-Commerce solutions, particularly in Sitecore Commerce Server
- Experience in DAPPER, Entity Framework, NHibernate
- Experience with unit testing using tools such as MSTest, NUnit, xUnit
- Experience using 3rd party components like Telerik\Kendo components
- Knowledge on crystal reports and SSRS
- Knowledge in TFS (Source Control), Visual Studio Team System
Soft Skills expected for the Role:
- Flexible to work in Maintenance/Support as well as Development Projects
- Ability to perform as an Individual Contributor or work with teams
Years of Experience:
- 6+ years
- $85,000 - $95,000
- The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.