Operations Team Lead
Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Industrial Engineering
Job Id: 3286
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan, assign, train, and lead a team to complete the operations within budget and on schedule.
- Ensure that the aircraft components are built per the requirements described in Planning, Engineering, and Quality documents and to FAA and company quality standards.
- Ensure team conformance to existing company policies and departmental procedures.
- Administer vacations, EO, sick time usage, etc.
- Ensure good team relationships by maintaining open communications.
- Responsible for the team’s working area. The area should be kept orderly, professional, and safe according to company standards and OSHA requirements.
- Manage the shop operations and expense budgets to meet or improve upon the company established budgets.
- Accurately charge work hours and other expenses to the appropriate functions or accounts.
- Responsible for monitoring data input and reports to be properly done and maintained.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments to ensure that needed support is provided on schedule.
- Provide accurate communication regarding shop status, turnover reports, or pertinent issues and information.
- Develop, plan, and implement new strategies to improve the current product or process.
- 5+ years of experience in operations/manufacturing environment
- Willing to work preferred 3/12 schedule (Friday, Saturday, Sunday for 12 hours each -- adds up to 36 hours, but employee will be paid for a full 40 hours)
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must communicate well and work effectively with shop personnel, various level of management and other departments.
- Requires walking, climbing, and standing for extended periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Not required, but preferred -- Knowledge and familiarity with aircraft engineering design (drawing or 3D data), specifications and other technical data necessary for aircraft completion
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.