Senior Power Electronics Engineer
Broomfield , Colorado
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3261
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be responsible for power electronics circuits and systems through all stages of the development process. The two primary product areas for this position are: (1) optimized point-of-load converters for RF and digital modules (typically ranging from 1W to 50W), and (2) standalone dc-dc converter modules (typically 20W to 500W).
- Design elements and responsibilities will include isolated and non-isolated DC-DC converters, maximum power point tracking solar power converters, magnetics design and analysis, system-level power management and distribution design, point-of-load regulators, switching and linear regulators, filters, and stability analysis and measurement.
- Be responsible for hardware designs from concept through production, including product roadmaps, block diagrams, part selection, schematic design, PCB layout and routing, analysis, manufacturing (working with contract manufacturers), test, qualification, and in-orbit support. Serve as technical and professional mentors in their field.
- Present engineering design review materials to our customers and executive team, as well as participate in proposal-writing efforts.
- A Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 7 years of industry or university research experience in power electronics design, analysis, test, and troubleshooting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Extensive industry experience designing successful power electronics products from concept through schematic, layout, manufacturing, test, and deployment.
- Experience designing power system architectures.
- Expertise in power circuit analysis, such as worst-case circuit analysis, failure method effectivity and criticality, and reliability.
- Expert-level proficiency in electronics design (EDA) tools such as Altium.
- Expert-level proficiency in PCB layout for power circuits.
- Experience with SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience with power integrity simulation tools such as Ansys or ADS.
- Extensive hands-on experience with lab instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, electronic loads, and signal generators.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with space electronics design, development, and qualification.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC design and mitigation techniques.
Salary Range: $100,000 - $165,000
The actual salary offered is dependent on various factors including, but not limited to, location, the candidate’s combination of job-related knowledge, qualifications, skills, education, training, and experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.