Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Project Management
Job Id: 3253
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages multiple, concurrent projects of small to moderate size.
- May assist a more senior project manager in the management of a large, complex project.
- Understands key functional processes for the relevant projects.
- Understands and ensures compliance with standards for project management.
- Prepares for achievement of the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Initiation: identify stakeholders, determine objectives and scope, identify staffing needs, kick-off project, etc.
- Planning: create the Project Management Plan, refine the scope, develop, and publish the schedule, identify and evaluate risks, etc.
- Execution: acquire project team, manage project team, direct project work, manage communications, conduct procurements, etc.
- Monitoring & Controlling: perform integrated change management, monitor scope, schedule, costs and quality progress, stakeholders engagement, etc.
- Closure: confirm acceptance of deliverables, archive project documentation, release project team, close financial, etc.
- Develop and release all project management related documentation.
- Provide regular, accurate and timely project status to PMO management and other stakeholders as required.
- Mentor less experienced project managers, within the department and outside (i.e., delegated projects), to develop a culture of project management and ensure compliance to procedures.
- Maintain their PMP (or equivalent) certification.
- Promotes business transformation activities across the organization with positive communication and demeanor.
- Create and/or update Project Management related documentation to support process modifications.
- Supports the PMO Manager in the creation and maintenance of the Transformation roadmap.
- May conduct business analysis occasionally.
- Researches and recommends continuous improvement opportunities related to project management standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in aviation or with projects and project management as a project team member.
- Completed, relevant education from an accredited college or university may be substituted for years of relevant work experience. Additionally, years of relevant work experience may be substituted for completed, relevant education from an accredited college or university. 1 year of education = 2 years of experience.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must be able to function throughout the total facility with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must currently have PMP or CAPM certification or be able to obtain within 18 months of hire date.
- Proficiency in use of common computer tools including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project or similar.
- Able to work in typical office environments.
- Must be able to work for long periods at a computer terminal.
- Must be able to travel by surface and air.
- Must be available to work off-hours to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Achieve project success by managing all activities of a project lifecycle to deliver/realize desired outcome(s) (time, budget, quality and benefits wise).
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrates high ethics and values, inspires loyalty and trust, embraces diversity, and possesses strong listening skills.
- Communicates in speaking and writing with a polished manner and so others will understand.
- Regularly engages with functional managers and subordinates, comfortable communicating with senior management occasionally.
- Strong leadership skills. Proactively seeks success and responsibility for achievement.
- Supports team building - identifies and works to resolve team member performance issues, recognizes others’ contributions and praises people for a job well done, works to build mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
- Advanced degree
- Experience building and administering project plans in Microsoft Project or other project management tools.
- Business analyst experience.
- Ability to speak and understand French.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.