Usability Feature Leader
Greensboro , North Carolina
Job Category: Automotive
Job Id: 3218
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people work across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Define requirements and verification methods to verify and validate the feature level agreed on by the project description.
- Translate the product targets into quantifiable product requirements together with the project team.
- Create verification & validation plan for the feature in projects.
- Secure, maintain, and develop the feature knowledge over a longer period for different brands, segments, markets & applications.
- Lead cross-functional teams to define, develop, and carry out user clinics
- Perform market research for competitor vehicle analysis, future technologies, and regulations
- Communicate with global cross-functional teams including multiple engineering disciplines, brands, functions, aftermarket, design, and product planning
- Clearly communicate feature needs to stakeholders and other affected teams
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI (Human Computer Interaction), HMI (Human Machine Interaction), Interaction Design, or related field
- 4-6 years of experience in Driver Interface, HMI, or Usability
Qualifications - The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Understand and can breakdown high level needs into low-level requirements
- Ability to clearly communicate and advocate for the Feature’s needs
- Attentive to customer and user needs
- Automotive experience a plus
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.