Structure Liaison Engineer
Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Aerospace
Job Id: 3199
Status: Full-Time - OnSite
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate with company departments to evaluate the required engineering assistance.
- Provide repair schemes (with drawings or sketches) and Engineering Authorization (EA) for the required repairs.
- Familiar with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) technical data (such as Engineering drawings, Structural Repair Manual, Service Bulletins, Maintenance Planning Data, Illustrated Parts Catalog, Airplane Maintenance Manual, etc).
- Familiar with Regulatory requirements such as FAA and EASA Airworthiness Directives (ADs).
- Communicate with OEMs and customers for technical advice/disposition and approval related to the repair work.
- Follow up with Production Department for the implementation of the proposed repair scheme/EA’s.
- Make changes or revisions to the EA’s or repair schemes to facilitate the repair work.
- Assist Production Department in troubleshooting of airplane systems that are not covered in the manuals.
- Responsible for streamlining and optimizing engineering support and processes to improve production efficiencies.
- Provide daily Engineering status for work progress.
- 4 years experience in MRO/Liaison engineering activities.
- Experience in Narrow body HMV Structures engineering is preferred.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Should be familiar with engineering drawing systems, aircraft manuals and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) documents.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.