Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Stress Engineer (Aerospace)
Job Id: 3022
Aerospace Stress Engineer
Work location: Mobile, AL
Workplace type: onsite
About ALTEN Technology USA
We're ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we've been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centres.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world's most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Plan, organize and prioritize work contents based on project deliverables.
- Perform detailed stress analysis of aircraft cabin or cargo components, by classical hand analysis as well as Finite Element methods, to support the structural design efforts of new and modified components from the conceptual phase to development and certification.
- Generate stress substantiation reports.
- Develop or review structural qualification plans in accordance with Aerospace client standards and regulatory requirements.
- Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test reports when delegated. Coordinate with design engineer s, team lead, suppliers and technical management personnel to assure that the design meets or exceeds the project deliverables and complies with the regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate stress activities Aerospace client and Suppliers Participate in regularly scheduled design reviews, and is responsible to present stress findings and challenge design solutions.
- Develop research plans and participate in industry committees at company's request. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of Structural Mechanics in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, performance, cost of the company product.
- Compile and generate progress reports to convey deliverable objectives.
- Provide guidance to junior level stress engineer s with regards to analysis methods, process or tools.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing work assignments.
Experience / Skills / Training:
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.
- Good leadership and communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years in cabin or cargo compartment stress analysis.
- Experience in static (FE and free-body), fatigue and transient analysis, Nastran, Patran, MathCad.
- Familiar with FAA/EASA Aircraft regulatory requirements.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project PC tools
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.