Mobile , Alabama
Job Category: Facilities Project Manager
Job Id: 2980
Facilities Project Manager
Work location: Mobile, AL
Workplace type: onsite
Company Industry: Aerospace/Aviation
About ALTEN Technology USA
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, from the efficient heavy truck of tomorrow to a fully autonomous electric taxi. Our team of more than 400 people works across industries including automotive OEM, tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicle, new energy, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centres.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees, building relationships, and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level.
Primary Task Responsibilities:
- Provide full time project management support campus-wide, identifying requirements and communicating milestones and detailed deliverables.
- Attends organizational meetings for input on construction, renovation, and other types of projects requested. Serves as a representative of Facilities Management in the execution and administration of engineering, design and construction projects.
- Inspect, identify, and resolve design, detail, and logistics problems with Project Lead, architects, suppliers and subcontractors to ensure that workmanship conforms to the proper specifications and schedules.
- Reviews change requests to construction design and prepare recommendations for review/approval by Facilities Management.
- Recommend and manage initiatives to improve service delivery considering both cost and quality.
- Develop and maintain the construction budget, project status reports and monitoring progression from start to finish.
- Responsible for ensuring –within areas of assigned responsibility – is operational on a daily basis including validation that systems are compliant and inspected as needed by relevant external authorities having jurisdiction related to building occupancy and operation. This includes but is not limited to OSHA, FDA, ADA, and city and state fire marshal.
- Assist with the coordination of the Contractor access to the site for the duration of the project.
- Attend planning meetings and project status meetings
- Address contractual and technical issues with the construction team to ensure clear understanding of the construction project scope is maintained.
- Conduct mile stone job site inspections to ensure the job specifications are being met and proper building principles are being used across the site.
- Coordinating the procurement of goods and services to support entering into service dates for new construction.
- Recommend and manage initiatives to increase and improve service delivery considering both cost and quality.
- Support and manage portfolio wide initiatives and required local, state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to the facilities operation of the site
- Promote safety culture across site including with customers, subcontractors, suppliers and supports EHS program requirements
- 7 or more years in project management roles.
- 5 or more years developing and managing a budget subject to external and internal demands and changes.
- 5 or more years managing subcontractor activities in a production or industrial environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field. (Preferred)
- High School diploma with 7 to 10 years of project management experience or a project management certification – (Required)
- PMP preferred.
- Working knowledge and application of OSHA, ISO, NFPA, ANSI and ADA standards required. General knowledge of FAA, EASA and ICAO preferred.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.