Little Rock , Arkansas
Job Category: Mechanical Engineer
Job Id: 2911
Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: On-Site in Little Rock, AR
Duration: 6-12-month contract engagement. Annualized salary and benefits are offered for the duration of the contract through Alten Technology (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc.).
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead statistical process control (SPC) projects in order to improve production quality, safety, flow time and cycle.
- Define new design change and/or new production methods by ensuring the proper coordination of all the tasks to comply with the facility process.
- Write and maintain technical specifications.
- Ensure that new designs are in compliance with Industrial Methods are through collaboration and the Digital Mock-Up review process.
- Measures interior aircraft with digital machine interfaced with CATIA V5 and analyzes the data sets to determine compliance with specifications and aircraft behavior.
- Drives industrial methods into new engineering drawings/3D models.
- Creates technical documentation based on SPC studies to address actions to engineering or production for improving production flow time or cycle.
- Leads troubleshooting on the aircraft when the B.U. cannot achieve first shot installation.
- Create tooling specification.
- Acts as technical specialist between engineering and production in the development/optimization of production methods and proposes new designs within the configuration management process.
- Observes all safety procedures when performing measures and creating tooling to ensure safe operation of the people, environment, and material.
- Receives initial instructions, requirements, and advice from Team Leader.
- Capability to frequent reporting to management.
- Capability to challenge Engineering design and production methods.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- 2 years of industrial methods activities or related experience.
- Experience using measurement machines interfaced with digital CAD software for Statistical Process Control (SPC) purposes.
- Experience with problem solving utilizing scientific methods and root cause analysis.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, and MS Project.
- VPM, CATIAV5 (Basic design) or equivalent (Minimum 500 hrs).
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must have good communication skills and be open minded to suggestions from others.
- Strong understanding of production organization requirements & industrial approach
- Write and maintain technical specifications and documentation.
- Good knowledge of mechanical tolerances and Product Lifecycle Management.
- Strong working knowledge of math and geometry and be able to work in both metric and English units of measure.
- Must be able to function throughout total facility, including up and down stairs and in and out of aircraft and stand, kneel or crouch with or without reasonable accommodation.
- CNC programming skills (nesting).
- Knowledge of composite panels (including behavior, fabrication & machining process)
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Experience writing methodology related to ME functions.
- Aircraft experience.
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.