Denver , Colorado | Dallas , Texas | Seattle , Washington | Louisville , Kentucky | Atlanta , Georgia | Boston , Massachusetts | Los Angeles , California | Melbourne , Florida | New York , New York | San Francisco , California | St Louis , Missouri | San Jose , California | Houston , Texas | Virginia Beach , Virginia | Baltimore , Maryland | Phoenix , Arizona | San Diego , California | Orlando , Florida | Mountain View , California | Herndon , Virginia | Huntsville , Alabama
Job Category: Sr. Systems Engineer - Energy Storage and Power Systems (Remote)
Job Id: 2906
Position: Sr. Systems Engineer - ESPS
Duration: 12-month contract engagement. Annualized salary and benefits are offered for the duration of the contract through Alten Technology (medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, etc.). There is a strong possibility that this contract will be extended beyond the initial contract length.
Note: Due to nature of work, only US Persons (citizens or permanent residents) need apply for this position.
Who We Are:
We’re ALTEN Technology USA, an engineering company that provides solutions for engineering, technology, and product development projects. For decades, we’ve been helping our clients develop products that are changing the world, whether that’s by shaping the future of space exploration, saving lives with medical devices that set a new standard of care, or creating the fully autonomous electric taxi of tomorrow. Our team of more than 600 people works across industries including aerospace, medical devices and life sciences, unmanned systems and robotics, automotive OEM and tier 1 suppliers, commercial vehicle, electric vehicles, rail, and more. Our offices across the US have different industry focuses and engage with our clients in different ways, ranging from working on-site at client facilities to performing product development at our delivery centers.
ALTEN Group, our parent company, has been a leader in engineering and information technology for more than 30 years. ALTEN Group operates in 30 countries across Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East and employs more than 36,000 people, 88% of whom are engineers. The company covers the whole development cycle and offers a choice of service levels, from technology consulting to complete project outsourcing.
When you join ALTEN Technology USA, you join a group of people passionate about collaborating to solve some of the world’s most technical engineering challenges. Our success is tied to taking care of our employees by building relationships and providing opportunities for mentorship and career growth. We offer comprehensive benefits for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan with employer matching; paid time off (PTO); paid parental leave; and mentorship to help you take your career to the next level. You don’t have to take our word for it that we’re a great place to work—we were named on the 2023 Top Workplaces list thanks to feedback from our proud employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- You will contribute and guide a high performing Systems Engineering team to develop functions, architecture, requirements, integrate between system interfaces, and develop process strategy, responsible for delivering high quality Systems Engineering artifacts for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will review safety critical system integration activities based on today's best system engineering practices, lessons learned and guidelines.
- You will lead multiple trade studies needed to achieve the most efficient and optimized safety critical systems architectural solutions that meet performance, size, weight, power and safety requirements as applicable from the FAA/EASA regulations.
- You will lead the system requirements development and validation efforts for the Propulsion and Actuation System IPT.
- You will exemplify the culture, mission, values, vision and quality policy of the organization, while supporting the team with technical guidance and mentorship.
- B.S. in engineering and 8 years experience in Propulsion and actuation systems development
- Hands on experience in development and decomposition of requirements, developing and allocating functions, and interfacing with certification and systems safety teams to deliver certification deliverables.
- Experience with ARP4754, ARP4761
- Familiarity with DO-160, DO-178, DO-254
- Experience in requirements management tools such as Polarion, Doors, Requiem etc.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You will be detail and technically-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision, with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- You are a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges.
- You are a solution-oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset.
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience.
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion.
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations.
- You are a positive team player.
- Special skill set required in addition to the above classical Systems Engineering, Candidate should be proficient in at least one of the following areas of expertise.
- Expertise #1
- Special focus on Requirements and interfaces development
- EWIS - harness and interconnect systems
- Expertise #1
- Experience with an aircraft or UAM development program
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements such as Part 23/25, Part 33, and Part 35
- Familiarity with MBSE methodology and tools (SysML, Cameo or other)
Salary Range: $120k-160k
ALTEN Technology is a an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Policy is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.